I would like to outline some points with regards to writing the journal. Please note that this exercise is given to students to help them revise the topic/s previously covered.
Here are some guidelines to help you:
- Date, unit number (1.2, 1.4, etc…) and unit name.
- Key words – write down all the keywords covered. Make sure you include the ones we spoke about in class too. Normally, all key words are listed on powerpoints uploaded here or in the case of the junior 6, on their science notebook.
- Explain the key words. You can use the glossary at the back of the book for some guidance. DO NOT COPY word by word from the book or internet.
- I have learnt section – this section can be written in point form. Students need to write down what they remember from the lesson. What did they learn? What were the important things discussed? They can use both their books and PPTs to help them with this section. DO NOT COPY word by word from the book or internet. I want to read what YOU have understood.
- At the end you can add any important diagrams/pictures/tables.
I hope this will help you better when updating your journal. Marks are based on the above criteria so please follow them.
Let me know should you need any further explanation.
Dear students and parents,
I am uploading some sample papers for you to have a look at the setting of the paper. Feel free to print them out and work them as revision. May I remind you that some things are different as some topics might have changed over the years. Hope this will help you with your revision.
I will be dedicating the last week before the exam for revision. So if there is something you would like to discuss let me know and we can revise that during that week.
Remember you can send me your queries on Edwina.Farrugia@stcatherines.eu and I will be happy to help you out.
Below please find the PPT for this week and last week lesson on habitats. I am also copying in the link for the videos we have seen today about animals adaptations.
Dear Parents & Students,
I am uploading the study list and PPTs that need to be studied for the half yearly exam. Please make sure that all your books are taken home to prepare some revision during the Christmas holidays.
Although, I have attached a copy of the study list, you will realise that we haven’t covered all the topics as yet. However, we shall be covering all the topics on the list by the end of January.
List of PPTs from the beginning of the year.
Happy Holidays to
The Junior 5s are about to finish their first topic with Drugs & Medicine. They have eagerly participated in discussions and asked a lot of important questions. Probably they will all come home asking about the topic. Next Monday, I shall upload the PPT for your perusal.
Kindly send an information leaflet or empty medicine box (such as panadols) so that students can learn how to read instructions and dosage. Do NOT send any medicine to school.
They need these for next lesson, next week.